Sunday, December 30, 2007

Our Princess


Sick of hearing about my pregnancy? Well, it’s your lucky day! I am pregnant no more! Food is no longer the most complicated relationship in my life. Finally, I can kiss my husband the way he deserves to be kissed—long and slow (and not the way a nauseated claustrophobe would). I feel great! And deflated.

Kiana is so beautiful! 6 pounds 7 ounces. So little!

She didn’t want to emerge from her cozy mommy incubator. The doctor had to use a vacuum to pull her out. I’d never heard of the vacuum being used for a c-section before. I felt kind of proud of my stubborn little girl for her unique entrance into this world.

She doesn’t look a thing like Ryan or me. She has golden hair…er… fuzz on her head and has really fair skin (I’ll post more pictures when I get home from the hospital). Upon closer inspection, I realized who she DOES resemble a little, though: Keiffer Sutherland... in a cuter softer way.

This would make sense. Ryan and I had rented season four of 24 approximately the time Kiana was conceived. Whenever I watch 24, I tend to have incredibly vivid dreams about terrorists and violence. Jack Bower must have worked his way into the nighttime mix without me even noticing. You know Jack… he is sneaky like that (don’t tell Ryan).

On a tender note…

I love my baby so much! My maternal instinct kicked in a little sooner this time… which I hear is common with second babies. I feel bonded to her in a special mommy/daughter way. I hold her against my skin with her head resting under my chin and just breathe her in. She smells like heaven.

I love watching Ryan with her, too! He is so madly in love with her. He even went to the store last night just to buy ribbons and bows for her hair (I didn’t even ask him to).

I can tell Kiana knows and loves me, too. She looks at me with adoring eyes and whimpers when we have to part. What a special connection.

14 comments:

Alesa said...

Congrats! She is so Beautiful!

Melanie said...

Congratulations! Are you blogging from the hospital? Wow! What a marvelous Christmas present!

Janssen said...

YAY! Congratulations! She really is a gorgeous baby (I'm glad to see the vacuum didn't make her head cone-shaped). Can't wait to see and hear more of her.

Jessie Nielson said...

Congratulations to your cute family! I'm sure she's beautiful and I can't wait to see more pictures.

Dana said...

Oh, I love her! I am sorry that I didn't have my phone on me...I was searching for it all day! But I'm glad I got to talk to you! Congratulations Bee-Who-Na! Maybe we could call her Kee-Who-Na! Haha! I am excited to see more pics and to meet her in person! She is so beautiful!

Rachel Evans said...

What a sweet little girl! I love ribbons and bows! We are so excited for you and your family! We love you!

Blake and Meg said...

Congrats! I'm so happy for you and Ryan. She is SOOO pretty! Don't tell anyone, but it made me think about having another one... a thought I didn't imagine coming for another three years!

Diana said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you guys, and she is beautiful.=)

Nicole said...

Congragulations!!!! She is soooo cute!!!

adrienne said...

My second baby having her second baby! All is right with the world.

Steph Bowen said...

Yeah! I'm so proud of you! Congratulations. That makes me excited for my baby.

Anonymous said...

Having a baby girl is the greatest!! I love my new little grand daughter. Thanks Bethany for all your hard work and struggles to get her here.

Love,
Cindy

Jon & Jenelle said...

Congratulations Bethany! She is so Beautiful! I actually think she looks alot like you in this picture! Cant wait to see more pictures of your sweet little girl! love u
-TeenieBurrito :)

Dianna said...

Congratulations Bethany and Ryan. She is beautiful!