Monday, January 14, 2008

Boy in Training


Ryan spent the majority of Sunday trying to undo the damage I caused. He and Douglas watched five hours of uninterrupted football together. They ate roast beef sandwiches and I believe several cans of Dr. Pepper were involved. There were manly grunts and high-fives exchanged. I wouldn’t even be surprised if Ryan taught Doug a few testosterone-laced phrases such as “for shizzle” and “Hey man, waz-uuuuup?”

You see, because my cub spends day in and day out with the mama bear, he may have adapted a few of my non-masuline characteristics. For example, when he and I go shopping he runs his fingers along the rows of clothing and squeaks “Ohhhhh, how cute!” I don’t think he learned that from Ryan.

Then there is the cross-dressing. Doug likes to try on me and Ryan’s shoes, but particularly enjoys the challenge of my high heels.

Douglas watches me get ready in the morning. He has now mastered the art of blush and mascara.

But the final straw was when we caught Douglas in the bedroom with my Evenflo Comfort Select yesterday. He was pumping. It made the list of my top ten favorite Douglas moments.

7 comments:

Kristy said...

That is hilarious! I love Douglas so much! And I wanted to tell you--Thomas prayed for Kiana last night in his prayers. We can't wait to meet her.

Jared said...

Thomas also prayed for Doug, lest he feel slighted. If it makes Ryan feel any better. Thomas took two hour "nap" at mom and dad's house on Saturday. When I went in to get him, he had the porcelain dolls lined up and was playing with them. He said, "I'm playing with the pretty girl dolls, daddy!"

Blake and Meg said...

Monkey see Monkey do!! Boys and football is such a natural thing and dates back to the cavemen... okay, maybe not the cavemen, but a long time!

Sierra Robinson said...

Was your number one favorite Doug moment when you first saw him on the ultra-sound playing with his man-parts?

brenley said...

i'll have to keep in mind what you said so that i don't rub off on jorgen too much of my femininity...he's already got a love for football thanks to his dad though so i'm not too worried about his masculinity thus far. (to answer you question - jorgen and his little sister will be 22 months apart - how far apart are yours???)

Sarah @ Ordinary Days said...

Just the other day, my two year old son was proudly nursing his Buzz Lightyear doll. And my boys also use "cute" a little more often than their daddy likes.

Steph said...

Ok I love this post and love all these comments too! I want a little boy someday!!!!!!!!!!!! hahaha!