Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Cookie Time!

Love sugar cookies, but have yet to find the perfect recipe? Look no further! I have found the BEST Sugar cookie recipe ever and am dying to share it with you. Happy Valentine's Day!

Ingredients

3 c. flour
1 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 c. butter
1 egg
3 Tbs. cream or milk
1 tsp. vanilla

Frosting

2/3 c. butter
2 ib. powdered sugar
1/2 c. milk
2 tsp. vanilla

First, find yourself a worthy co-baker.



Then, preheat the oven to 350. Sift together the dry ingredients. Cut in the butter and then mix in all the other stuff. Divide dough and roll flat.



Cut into shapes and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes.


While cookies are cooling, whip ingredients for the frosting. Don't forget to lick the beater!!!!



When cookies are cool, frost generously... and I mean GENEROUSLY. Like 50% cookie and 50% frosting. You won't be sorry.



Enjoy!

5 comments:

Kristy said...

I'd like a small bite of that delicious boy, too, please!

Breanna said...

I second the notion. I've had the great pleasure of eating aforementioned cookies and they ARE the best!!!! Thanks for the recipe.

Kara said...

Hey Bethany- Sorry I comment so much! (I just like you I guess). I am dying to make your cookies! I also wanted to say that we missed you at book club last night!

Sierra Robinson said...

I love this little man. He would be the best sous-chef in the world. And perhaps the most counter productive.

Jessie said...

Those look delicious! and I love that picture of Doug looking sideways at you!